Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Night of Carnies and a Day on the Lake...

Thursday night we took Price to the AR/OK State Fair. I know he's young and won't remember any of it, but we took lots of pictures for him to look at when he's older. We went to "Old McDonalds Farm", which is like a little petting zoo. He really didn't care either way for the animals even though his Mimmie tried and tried to get him into it. After that we rode the Merry Go Round. He watched all the lights go by the whole time. I think he really liked it. I was the one who looked like a freak as I sanitized the horse with a wipe and then covered it with a blanket so he could ride. Anyone who's ever been to the fair should be able to understand that though. Every year I think it gets dirtier, yet every year I go back. What can I say? Life just isn't complete without a night of fair food and Carnies.




We met up with my BFF Chelsea, her husband Johnny, and their son Alex. Alex and Chance (who he refers to as "my friend Chance") had a good time feeding the animals. He is so cute! Here is Chelsea with Price. She's having a little girl at the end of October. I can't wait!

Saturday we decided to take Price to the lake for the first time. Chance's brother Taylor invited us out on their boat. It was a beautiful day and not too hot. Plus, we ordered Price the coolest life jacket and wanted him to get to use it at least once this year. So I dressed him all up, lathered him down with sunscreen, and off we went. He crashed out in the car as soon as we left the house.
And as you can see, the way cool life jacket that I was so proud of was no fun at all to wear. The crying stopped as soon as we took it off.

Price with Uncle Taylor.

3 comments:

Tasha Limb said...

I loved Price's lake outfit! How cute is he! Thanks for the comment on my blog, its so fun to keep in touch this way! :)

Unknown said...

I too loved his outfit! Isn't it fun to get such satisfaction in dressing your kids?!! I used to have this little orange hawaiian print shirt for Finn that I adored. He looked like such a MAN in it. I really like being able to see pics of all the family too. Take more, take more! :)

Missy Lee said...

Hi Chance, Kara & P-dub!! Looks like you guys have been having a good time. I hope you are saving your money, cause I think Quintin is going to get married sooner than we all expect! Can't wait to see you guys!! :)